Essay 3A Progress

Tuesday, October 2, 2012
For this post I will be discussing the progress I have been making on gathering sources for essay 3A. These source will later be used in essay 4, which is the actual research paper over the question I have chosen. The research question that I have selected to write my research paper is "Which alternative source of renewable energy will most likely replace petroleum-based fuels in the future?" What led me to establish this question is the fact that I have always been interested energy production and the fuels used. One of the biggest hot-button issues of the last several years has been the effects of petroleum based fuels on the environment. Being very interested in the environment and protecting it for future generations, I care about this issue. So any source of energy that does not have any negative impacts of the environment and that is renewable should be utilized. I believe that we need to determine which source of energy should take the place of petroleum-based fuels because they all have positive and negative qualities so determining which has the most pros verse cons will help to determine which is the best. The databases that I have used turned to to begin my research are Academic Search Premier and ProQuest. From these online databases alone I have been able to find several articles that I can use for my research paper. None of the sources I have selected so far have come from old blog posts or DBQs. But my previous essay is what helped to give me the idea for this research topic only it deals with something I am really interested in. Some comments I have received have helped to point me in the right direction.